Thursday, May 1, 2008

Things I Did Today Without Owning A Car

I rode my bike to the Vet and picked up flea stuff for my two cats.
Rode my bike to the Pet Store for cat food and put big cat food bag in my bike basket.
Walked to the library to get some library books.
Walked to the bus stop with my daughter to take the bus to a doctor appt. for her.
Walked from the doctors with my daughter to the grocery store.
Got lunch for my daughter at the Deli part of the store.
Then did major grocery shopping.
Took another bus home that drops you off at your door. The bus driver helped unload groceries off bus with us. (Sometimes I can order groceries online if I want to and they deliver groceries here, too.)

Just wanted to share about how I manage without owning a car. The money spent on the bus transportation is much less than the cost I would have to pay to own a vehicle. Luckily I live right in a downtown type of an area so I can get to things easier. I also can take buses out of town too if I want to.

0 comments: