Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Picnic Indoors

Well, our weather was sunny but very windy today. So my kids and I had our picnic indoors. It was nice. I liked spending time with them. They are older so they do their own stuff, but today it was nice to have a nice picnic indoors with them. We just put out a tablecloth on the living room floor and had a nice little picnic together. We had veggie hot dogs in buns with all the condiments, cole slaw, green olives, pickles, spinach dip with tortilla chips and later had watermelon. My day went well. My son and daughter bought me new slippers and gave me money for a new dress for my nephews wedding. I found a very pretty one today online and ordered it. I hope it turns out to fit well. I will look for shoes and purse later after I see how the dress is. I was grateful to be with my kids today.

I also watched the DVD of Hill Street Blues I got from our local library. I watched it years ago and liked it. It is fun today to be able to watch it without commercials. I love modern technology. And that's it for today. I still have managed to post everyday and even way more than once a day at this blog. It is going well for me and it is kind of like a little journal, except I don't put too many "deep" thoughts here. Those are saved for my other journal I don't dare put online. :-)

0 comments: