Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

To find out about the Origin of Mother's Day: http://www.theoriginof.com/mothers-day.html

I was thinking about Mother's Day and how I am lucky that I have not only been able to celebrate with my own mother, but I have been able to celebrate this day honoring other mother's I know who are doing or have done a great job at parenting. I am blessed that my two older kids will help celebrate Mother's Day with me tomorrow. It won't be fancy. We will just have a nice little picnic out back, but the most important thing to me is spending time with the my two most favorites on this planet. :-) I treasure all the times I have spent with my mom (who passed away on Christmas Eve 2005). We had our ups and downs, but we still managed to be on good terms during the last years of her life and I am grateful for that.

I am grateful for all the happy times I have had watching my kids grow and I am truly grateful to have them in my life as I love them dearly. Happy Mother's Day to all the loving mom's out there.

0 comments: