Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Stay At Home Mom Was I (Poem by Me)

What can I tell you
About the life I’ve lived
Will I impress you
With all the things I did?

It may not mean a lot to you
But my life has meant lots to me
The greatest two days of my life
Was the births of he and she.

Since the days my kids were born
Little boy and little girl
I haven’t worried much about me
I was absorbed with him and her.

Spent days in the kitchen
Cooking up lots of stuff
Spent time playing
Never really cleaned enough.

Never got the cobwebs
Dust seemed to be everywhere
But boy did we have fun
Which was beyond compare.

Watching those Disney movies
Ordering a pizza or two
Playing with our pets
Saying “I love you.”

I wouldn’t change a thing
About how my life was lived
Because the best thing of all
Was doing what I did.

Being a mom of two
Watching them both grow
Has brought me so much happiness
More than anyone will ever know.

A stay-at-home mom was I
Not a fancy title did I have
But I have memories I will treasure forever
Of the best life I could have ever had.

0 comments: