Saturday, May 10, 2008

Dachshunds From The Past Story



Many years back my male and female dachshund had puppies together. The moment I woke up and the puppies heard me walking, they would all start these little barks or whines. I wanted to get a picture of them first thing in the morning. So I tiptoed very quietly with the camera and the moment they heard me they woke right up to start the day. Here they are before they ran out of their box we had set up under the kitchen table at night and kind of blocked off so they couldn't get hurt in the middle of the night. The minute they woke I would change their papers and give them food. I would pet each one and hug them. The puppies hung out in the kitchen at night and then they had a nice play area outside on nice days to run and play at. Of course we let each one play around lots in the house and the green grass, but always careful to keep an eye on them at every second so they wouldn't get hurt. They were so adorable. Lots of work in taking care of them. Lots of keeping their areas clean every day so they wouldn't get sick and would stay in good health. We found good owners for all of them. One dachshund even wound up being a hero dog and rescued a couple from a creek by barking lots in the middle of the night and alerting its owner to take a look. He won an award. I feel proud he was part of our dachshund family. My female dachshund was a good mom to her puppies and our male dachshund was a great dad too. He never tried to harm any of them and was good at running from them so they wouldn't bug him too much and the puppies got good exercise playing. I am happy to say we took good care of our dachshunds and they passed away to old age related problems. I am sure their puppies all grew up in fine homes because we were so particular in who we sold the puppies to and that makes me feel good, too. Our male and female dachshunds and their puppies will always have a warm spot in my heart forever.

0 comments: