Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What It's Like To Be Fifty

Well, to tell you the truth, I never really could even imagine reaching this age. I don't really feel fifty. I am in good health, so far, knock on wood. I exercise most days. I eat healthy. I don't really have many aches and pains and if I do get some, I try to ignore them and distract myself by focusing on other stuff. I do have some good memories. I raised two kids as a single parent. Their dad did visit them through the years which was a good thing for them, too. We both tried to be civil with each other through the years and that was great for the kids.

I have good memories of places I have traveled to. I did many things in my younger years such as dancing into the late hours of the morning, attending plays, concerts and going to amusement parks like Disneyland. I have had some good friends in my time. I still have some good friends.

I don't conform to most other fifty year old stuff. I have hair down to my waist and wear jeans most of the time. I like modern top 40 music. I think it is fun to stay young at heart. I am not really a hippie, although people might think I was to look at me. I just want to mostly do my own thing and I have to continue to let go of what other people think.

At fifty I decided to be more of myself and speak up more. So far so good. Maybe this blog will help me speak up, too. And there is more to being fifty, but that is all I could think of at the time. Yeah, the old memory takes a while to kick in at this age, too.

0 comments: