Monday, May 12, 2008

Bike Riding Day

Today I rode my bike to an appt. and then stopped by the grocery store on the way home. In my bike basket I carried two cartons of soy milk, two bottles of laundry detergent, some bread and some other odds and ends in a tote bag that I tied to the bike basket. It was windy riding, but it seemed the more stuff I had in my bike basket actually helped weigh down the bike more and it was easier peddling. Not sure if I am right on this, but it seemed that way to me. Maybe I was just thinking that in my mind to make my peddling easier. I do lots of mind games when riding my bike if I get tired out. Sometimes I will say silently, "left, right, left, right" when peddling and it keeps me going. I pretend I am in the army and I need to keep going or I will get in trouble. It motivates me to keep going even when I am thinking, "I am just too tired and can't peddle anymore." It is best not to get those thoughts in my town particularly on windy days because it is no better walking your bike in the wind. It is better to just keep peddling and get it over with so you can get home sooner and out of the wind.

0 comments: