Monday, June 30, 2008

Weight Loss

I am 50. I found some old journals of me and my wanting to lose just a few pounds when I was 42. Now I still want to lose a few pounds and it is 8 years later. How many "years" does it take to lose a few pounds and keep them off? So I signed up for this weight loss thing at Shape Magazine site. I shall see how it goes. It was free so it can't hurt to try it. I know my family members have struggled with their weight as well. But I will just keep at it. At least I have been trying all these years because if I wasn't trying, I certainly would have way more weight to lose. So trying counts, too. When I was around ages 22 to about 38, I didn't have a tough time at all with weight. Could eat just about anything and not gain. But the time has come for me to be on alert daily. I am a vegetarian, so that helps, but I could gain lots on that diet if I am not careful. I had to eliminate most dairy and cheeses as they can make one gain.

Anyway, I have discovered that I do know about "how" to do this weight loss thing, but it is just to stick to it and then when I lose the few pounds I want to lose, I will need to be alert to maintaining my weight loss. Well, here goes. My start date is on July 1st to try the "Shape Magazine" plan to help me lose weight. I will write back if I have some luck with it.

0 comments: