Friday, June 6, 2008

Denim Quilt I Made - 18 years old now




I made this quilt 18 years ago. It got a bit worn and had to be patched here and there, but still is in one piece. Denim really holds up well. I wound up sewing a wool blanket to the back of it and this is a very warm quilt for the winter. Actually I had some flannel that was on the reverse side and that wore out, so I replaced it with the wool blanket. I finally took off loads of blankets off my bed as it isn't as cold as it was during winter. I didn't realize I had so many blankets on my bed, LOL.

The story behind the denim: My husband was a union carpenter. He would wear out his jeans fast. So I used denim from that. Then I quit wearing mini skirts, so I cut up some denim from those. And my little boy at the time outgrew some stuff with denim and I sewed stuff on it from him. And I no longer wore a Maternity Dress and used some of the denim from that. And I made this when my little boy was two and he was so happy watching me create it. I am glad the quilt is still around.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Old blankets are the best ~ Looks like kitty is happy that quilt is still around too!
Your post makes me want to bust out all those old jeans I've been saving and start cutting!