Friday, June 27, 2008

Today and a Friend Passing Away

Today I went for a walk. Just walked all around town. No camera today, but it was nice to just enjoy walking around my neighborhood. I walked by a friends house who passed away at the beginning of the month. It was sad to know she is no longer there. She was a photographer and we used to be close years back, but her life got busy and so did mine, so we only saw each other here and there around town. She was only 57. That isn't that old I don't think. She had cancer. It is so sad the lives cancer takes away. But I am sure my friend is happy to no longer be in pain as the last times I saw her I remember she wasn't feeling that great.

I don't drive a car, so I couldn't go to the memorial as it was way out in the redwoods somewhere. So I will just remember her in my own way and think about the times she and I got along well and did things together. We did have a falling out once, but luckily we still remained friendly when we saw each other. It is just that we weren't as close any longer after that. But we still acknowledged each other and took time to talk with one another when we ran into each other. I guess that is how it is in small towns. Even when you aren't getting along as well as you would like with someone, you still try to be friendly with each other especially since you always seem to run into one another. Well, the last time I talked to this friend was at an arts and crafts show and we had a nice conversation and I bought some of her photo magnets she made with pretty scenes on them. I have a few of them collected now on my fridge and it reminds me of her and how she did enjoy life as much as she could even with the cancer she had to live with.

I like to honor friends who passed away by just continuing to be the best me that I can be for today. I think that is a good way to honor them.

1 comments:

namesconnie said...

Yes, it is so true what you say Miss AJ.