Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mowing The Lawn - Poem by me

Mowing the lawn

When I was a young girl
There were guy jobs
And gal jobs
I never mowed a lawn
Never felt that satisfaction
Of that kind of a job well done.

Now I am forty-eight
I mow my own lawn
And when I am done
I sit down and admire it
Saying to myself
“Look, you did it”
Knowing I could have done this
Years ago
When my back was stronger
Than it is today,
But I still am happy
I can take pleasure
Sipping on ice cold lemonade
Looking at how I didn’t even miss a spot
After mowing the lawn -
Even if I have to take some
Ibuprofen tonight
I still have the joy of knowing
“I” mowed the lawn
And that makes me feel good.
____________________________________

I wrote this poem a couple years back. It seems I am having an easier time doing chores now as I tend to not overdo it anymore. So no need for the Ibuprofen, yay! Well, plus it helps to have a son who helps with the yard, too. :-)

0 comments: