Friday, June 13, 2008

Handmade Tote From Purple Tie Dyed Jeans





The story behind this tote bag: I had a friend who gave me some tie dyed jeans she made that she no longer could fit into. So I wore them for a bit, but through the years I too could no longer fit into them. Then a tote bag contest came up at the sewing store. I thought I would make a bag for the contest out of the jeans. But then I went to the sewing store and saw all these fancy entries and knew the contest wasn't for me. I still continued on with the idea to make a bag for my creative writing folders. So I got the jeans and made them into this tote. I sewed black velvet on each side of it, too. And put some antique buttons on each side of the bag. I put an inside pocket (from the jeans) to carry a little notebook I put ideas in or little poems in. I carried that bag to many poetry readings and creative writing classes. It worked out well and it is still nice to have the memory of those purple tie dyed jeans my friend made me and the events I went to with this little tote bag. (My cats seem to love to get in photos lately, LOL)

0 comments: