Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Bucket List DVD and My Bucket List

I just watched "The Bucket List" on DVD. It was a great movie and I just loved it. I think everyone ought to see it. Morgan Freeman did a great job and I love his acting. And Jack Nicholson is one of my favorite actors and did a great job as well.

Well, now I want to make a Bucket List. I was thinking to start off my bucket list I would like to go on a date with Jack Nicholson. It sure would be amazing if I ever accomplished that now wouldn't it? I think I came close to at least meeting him once. It was in Ventura at City Hall. I purposely drove my car around the parking lot just to get a glimpse of him when "My Two Jakes" was being filmed. My husband thought I was crazy for doing that, but I just wanted to see him as I enjoy all his movies.

Anyway, on the way out of the parking lot this man pulls up in a fancy car and says, "Can I help you, Miss?" and I said, "Oh no, it is okay, I was just looking for someone. Thanks anyway." And he gave me a big smile and drove off. It then dawned on me - that was him! That was Jack Nicholson, but I was in "movie star denial" mode. I pulled over and just took some deep breaths, remembering his face and realizing how stupid I was to not even acknowledge him! Well, a wish of mine is to just go on a date with him. Just one date. (I am no longer with my husband, by the way, and even my husband didn't believe I saw him. And even if it wasn't him, it sure looked like him, LOL)

My Bucket List and not in any particular order:

Go on a date with Jack Nicholson right in the heart of my town where everyone can see me and get put in our local paper with a photo of us on a date. And I promise I would never bug him if he didn't want to talk to me again. But why wouldn't he want to talk to me again? I am a good person, LOL (Why I would want to meet Jack? Because the movies I see of him are just so realistic. He just says his lines so convincing. He really is the best actor I have ever seen in my life and I am 50 so I have seen lots of movies by now. And I just love his attitude and funny ways from what I have seen of him. And of course, he has the best smile of anyone I have ever seen, too! And he is just a good example of huge success and it would be nice to meet him.)

Get a book published with my poetry in it

Get some easy screenplay software and write a screenplay about some interesting things that have gone on in my life

Own a successful business that helps society

Own my own home

Experience more spirituality

Enjoy outdoors more

Find true love on both of our parts

Be around for as long as I can and in good enough shape to enjoy my long life

Continue to see my kids succeeding in whatever they want to accomplish in life

Have some of my personal dreams come true

***So what are some things you would like to do before you kick the bucket?***

0 comments: