Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Broken Refrigerator and Solutions

Well, my refrigerator broke. My solution until I get the new one is I bought this little baby dorm one for $88.00. Then we threw some ice over the frozen stuff. I signed up with a program that helps out low-income people to get a new refrigerator if yours is too old and not energy efficient. I qualified, but will have to have patience in waiting for the arrival of the new one. (My old refrigerator isn't energy efficient at all since it is a loser and not even working, LOL. Well, I take it back, the light bulb works.)

Anyway, I found a lesson in patience here. I certainly will be happy when we get our new refrigerator. I do love the convenience of stocking up on groceries especially frozen stuff. But I have learned at "Green" type of a site that some people due without refrigerators at all. That made me not feel so bad with my problem. Luckily I live right in town so I "can" get groceries easily. But I just loved to stock up as I didn't have to deal with grocery shopping as much - only like once a week.

So my current solution is the baby fridge and ice in the freezer. And patience while I wait for the new fridge. I also will be buying some things that we can have on hand that don't even need to be refrigerated like: Soups, fruits and some veggies we can eat right way. So all is not lost and if this broken refrigerator was the worst problem I have had in my life, I would be very lucky.

0 comments: