Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Apples, Apples, Apples



You know I thought it would be nice to have some apples from our tree, but it just wasn't doing so well. Then a friend of mine had an overabundance of apples and has been giving me plenty of them. I have made applesauce and my next project is an apple pie. When I was around 12 years old I remember baking all kinds of things. There were seven of us in my family so it was fun to bake lots of things for everyone like cookies, pies, cakes, etc. We don't always have that many sweets around here. But I think a homemade apple pie would be well as American as --- Apple Pie. So I will search out a homemade pie crust recipe and if I am not up to that, perhaps I will resort to a store bought crust. Well, I know I could make a pie crust, just have to have the ambition to do so. I don't have a rolling pin around, but I am sure a large sturdy glass will do the trick.

Anyway, I posted a photo of an apple tree growing around the downtown Fort Bragg area that I saw the other day. Lots of apples on this one. Yes, it is October.

1 comments:

soulbrush said...

my son has just bought a flat (ground floor part of a house)and it has a huge apple tree in his garden, with millions of apples, he's going to have his hands full when he moves in.