Saturday, October 4, 2008

Mistakes Lately and Good Stuff

Being that I am 51 years old, I guess it is okay that I have made the following mistakes recently:
I put the pizza in the oven with the cardboard bottom on it. Thank goodness it didn't burn!
I brushed my teeth and was getting ready to put away the toothbrush when I put more toothpaste on the toothbrush.
Sometimes I am not sure if I just put on deodorant or not, so I put it on again.
With my vitamin taking, I forget whether I took them or not, so I just have to skip until the next day.
I make a nice cup of tea in my handy dandy stainless steel cup to take with me on an outing and out the door I go without it. But sometimes I remember to go back in and get it.
Sometimes there is a store item I need and I think for sure that I will remember it, but I don't unless I do write it down.

Now the good stuff:
I don't forget to buy food for the teenagers - ever!
I never forget to feed the cats either. Well, of course cats and teenagers will let you know about that stuff now wouldn't they?
I actually make my bed every morning. Years went by until I got the hang of that!
I do remember to water my indoor plants. The outdoor plants are luckily ones that do well in this climate so they don't need me to deal with them.
I do remember to get dressed and not go out in my bathrobe to check the mail, but I do admit one early morning I ran out there to check the mail in my bathrobe because I didn't check the mail the day before.
I try to eat healthy and exercise.
I try not to hang out with aggravating people for any longer than is necessary. And I try not to be an aggravating person myself.

So all is not lost here in my middle age.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a nice list )