Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day of The Dead 2008 - Remembering Little Brother



Almost 30 years ago, my brother was killed in a gang fight at age 18. He wasn't even a gang member. Just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I read about the Day of the Dead at (http://www.inspiremethursday.com/2008/10/29/dia-de-los-muertos/) that honors those who passed on, so I made this in my little brothers honor. I was only 3 years older than him and we got along very well. We had lots of happy times together and got through lots of difficult times together. My whole family and our friends really lost out when we lost our brother to murder. It has affected all of us so deeply. I pray that wherever my departed brother is he is doing better than ever. And I daily commit myself to a non-violent lifestyle more than ever as a way to honor him, too. I try to watch my thoughts, feelings and actions and think before I act. I ask myself whether what I am about to do is loving or not. If it isn't loving, then I just don't do it. I am not perfect, but I at least strive to keep doing the right things in my life.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

loubylou said...

what a difficult thing to deal with. This is a beautiful gift for your brother.

Anonymous said...

I join my prayers and good wishes for your little brother with yours as I read your post. I think that you've chosen a beautiful and perfect way to honor his memory by choosing to be conscious of your actions and live in a non-violent manner. God bless! Serena

soulbrush said...

omg such sadness you've had ...sigh...

Anonymous said...

Oh dear ((( it is so sad ((((

marjieluv said...

my prayers goes to you and your family as you remember your little brother. thanks for sharing.

namesconnie said...

Thank you all for your kind words. Sincerely, Connie