Sunday, September 21, 2008

Todays Thoughts

Well, I had a quiet weekend. Watched some movies, did some laundry, did some drawing and just surfed the net a bit. I also clipped some grocery coupons from our Sunday paper. I am trying to save the coupons for one month before using them (as long as they don't expire.) I read that if you wait a month, the items usually will go on sale and then when you use the coupons you get an even better discount. I clipped grocery coupons a long time ago and I did save money at the supermarket. So I am trying it again. I only use coupons on things we use. Then I save all the other ones and if I see one of those products on sale, sometimes I will buy it with the coupon as it is a big discount. Especially if it looks like something we could use.

I kind of feel like I am really cheap lately, but it is all paying off and I am able to keep things going here especially with things going up in price more and more. So I could be known as a cheap person, but at least I am able to keep this ship going. I am sure being called cheap is much better than some things a person could call someone, LOL

I have found lots of free things to do, too. I love the local library. That is where I am getting all my drawing books from. I get to try out all the different varieties. Other free things I do are to follow our "What's Happening" section of our paper and check out free local events. I have participated in some fun events over the summer due to that.

One thing I used to do was to send away for free stuff offered over the internet. I don't do that much anymore, but it was fun for a bit getting free things in the mail. Might start it up again sometime. Usually just visit sites that offer free samples and send away for the samples.

Well, that is it from today. So far in this nice rental home the lights work, the water runs, we have heat, even have tv and computers going. So I do have much to be grateful for here. So even if I am cheap, we still are living okay and that is a lot to be grateful for.

1 comments:

soulbrush said...

enjoyed these thoughts a lot. to me,it's not the value of what you own but the value of who you are...my hubby's favourite saying 'things worth being are better than things worth having!'....