Sunday, September 28, 2008

Vegetarian Dessert - Homemade Applesauce Day



A friend brought over some apples today and I made some applesauce. I took about 10 apples, peeled, cored and chopped them up. Then put them in a big pot just covering them with filtered water. I also added some cinnamon, too. I just cooked them until they were still a little chunky, but soft chunks (and it looked like applesauce then, too). Then I added about a half of a cup of organic sugar. It turned out nice tasting. I used to add some kinds of artificial sweeteners, but I no longer want to use that stuff. I feel it just isn't healthy at all for me or my kids. So adding a little organic sugar I think is better, even though I rarely have sugary stuff that much anymore. But when I do have something sweet, it sure tastes good. I am not always this ambitious with cooking, so thought I ought to mention it here on my blog. Oh, and this recipe is approved by teenagers, too. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks really tasty )))

Hugs from Angel.

namesconnie said...

Thanks. :-) Sincerely, Connie