Friday, September 26, 2008

My Vegetarian Potato and Broccoli Casserole



This afternoon I just made up a potato casserole recipe and it turned out great. I cut up some green onions and fried them with 6 to 7 potatoes (sliced a little thicker than potato chips) in a little canola oil for a few minutes. Then I put those aside in a pan. After that I fried up some veggie ground round. Then I took a oiled casserole and layered the potatoes, then a layer of fried veggie ground round, then some veggie cheese, then some frozen broccoli pieces then a final layer of potatoes. I poured some vanilla soy milk over it all and dotted a little oil over the top and sprinkled paprika over it. I baked it in the oven covered with foil at 375 for one hour. Then for about 3 minutes I broiled it without the foil to get it a little more brown. I didn't put it on the top rack, just the center rack for the broiling. And it turned out great. This is my made up recipe for today. The seasonings I used were: Garlic Salt, Seasoning Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper and Paprika. I love experimenting with vegetarian food and just using stuff on hand to make up recipes. Sometimes my made up stuff doesn't work, but it is still fun trying new things. This recipe I just shared is teenager approved, too. :-)

3 comments:

soulbrush said...

why does food always look so good in the photos, and never like that when i make it? this is delish, am going to try it for sure, minus the garlic, allergic to that stuff.

ROSA E OLIVIER said...

delicious!...and for you...

"te amo em silencio
e só o silencio sabe."

kisses...and more more...

namesconnie said...

Thanks for the kind comments Soulbrush and Rosa E Olivier. It took me more than a few shots to try and get the food photo to look okay, LOL