Saturday, August 23, 2008

Manga Hippie Drawing by me



Today was the "Manga" workshop with Karen Luk (http://www.karenluk.net/) at Racine's (http://www.racinesfortbragg.com/) in town. I had a fun time there learning different techniques. Now I just have to practice them. I also am new to drawing so Karen was kind enough to recommend some good drawing books for me. I was grateful for that. Luckily they had some of those books right at our own Fort Bragg Library. So I am ready now with books and pencil and plenty of paper.

Just wanted to add that Karen did a great job with the kids, too. We made our own two page comic as a group and it was fun. Karen Luk is a very good artist. I kind of felt like a little kid again with all the kids around, but why not do something lighthearted for a change? I am going to look into other fun things to do around town and will write about them when I attend them. Also, Becky from Racine's gave away some nice things to people that attended the event and so did Karen Luk and that was nice of them. Cheshire books gave away certificates at the event, too. Becky from Racine's even gave us discounts on supplies to do our Manga drawings. We are lucky to live in such a nice little town. :-)

0 comments: