Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Early morning writing

Waking up early - Today I woke up at 4:40 a.m. I decided not to fight it and I just went on the computer and did some window shopping for stuff. I often shop for stuff, but don't buy anything. I just go to all these stores online and see things I want, but don't buy them. It is kind of fun doing this and just a way to waste time. (I mean what else is there to do at 4:40 a.m.? Umm, don't answer that, LOL.) Well, sometimes I find something I do want, but I don't order anything until I am sure I really want the item. I also comparison shop and try to find the best deal online for the item, too. I rarely buy anything online unless it is something I really need.

I have been trying to save money lately and the best way to do that is to just not buy unnecessary stuff any more. I already have enough of that kind of stuff around. Seems I really don't need or want that much stuff anymore. So I just go for the basics of sturdy casual clothing (I bike ride lots and walk) and good shoes and a decent jacket. I get most of my bargains at the thrift stores or yard sales. And I love to go to the thrift store on half off day and I save even more.

Well, I did order some family photos online today. That was fine with me. I get good bargain prices at Kodakgallery.com. They are so easy to use. You just upload your photos to their site and order. Very easy. Plus they often run specials. You do have to wait a little bit for your order if you want to save on shipping costs, but it is worth it. Plus I really get too aggravated at those drug store digital photo machines. It just takes too long and even after you process your order there you still have to either wait in line for someone to get finished using the machine, or someone behind you in line is getting inpatient with you while you decide what photos to print. And even after all that sometimes your photos are not even ready for an hour or the next day and the prices are not that hot either. So I like the easy site at Kodak and the prints come out very well and they have good prices with no hassles.

I need to get out and take more photos. Maybe that will be my thing to do today. I love taking flower photos and I read the best time to take them is when it is cloudy or overcast and dreary out. Today looks like that so maybe that is the best time to get the flowers. The flowers really do seem to show up better without the bright sunlight. Especially colorful flowers. So I will venture out on a flower walk today.

Well, that is my early morning writing for today. I could go on and on about not having a big refrigerator as yet, but I am getting tired of thinking about that, so I will spare myself and the reader, if anyone actually ever reads my blog, of that. :-)

1 comments:

namesconnie said...

Well, I think they meant that without the full sun shining brightly on the flowers, you can get them to show up more. But now that I think of it, I have many good photos of flowers with full sum on them, so who knows. I will keep experimenting. I actually have a good photo of a sunflower with the sun coming from behind it and the petals show up beautifully. Take care.