Thursday, November 27, 2008

Vegetarian Thanksgiving

Who says vegetarians are deprived? Here was my Vegetarian Thanksgiving Meal:

Homemade Stuffing made of: seasoned bread cubes, mushrooms, onions, celery, veggie sausage, raisins, apples and some veggie broth and butter and some fresh orange squeezed over it all.

Then the stuffing was put into: Baked Acorn and Butternut Squashes as well as a baked casserole of stuffing.

And we also had:

Baked Yams, Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy, French Cut Green Beans with Mushroom Soup and French Fried Onions, Brussel Sprouts and Rolls and Butter. Dessert was: Pumpkin Pie and Cool Whip, although I passed on that as I am trying to stay away from sugar.

And I was happy to make this meal for my family and glad they enjoyed it. Well, I did make a cornish game hen for one family member, too, as they are not a vegetarian. Anyway, today went well and I am grateful for that. Grateful for my family and friends and the nice town I live in, too. Grateful I could spend time with family today. Take care all and hope your Thanksgiving went well, too, if you celebrated it. I realize all of us are not in America. So whatever you did today, hope it was fun.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds intersting and healthy )