Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thoughts On The News

I took a little news break and only read the headlines online, not delving into reading the articles or watching the news. But I watched lots of news yesterday and it all was really depressing. Those pirates taking over ships, horrible crimes done to small children, the bad economy, violence, war and that was enough for me to want to quit watching the news again!

I think it is true about what we fill our minds with. When it is filled with all this bad stuff it certainly does us no good. So hopefully I will venture into reading more positive things like starting a garden, recycling tips, ways to make the planet a better place to live and filling my mind with these things can surely be more helpful for me and for others. Because when we are agitated and upset, it does no good for those around us either.

So I will look into reading more optimistic and inspiring things. Not that I will be like an ostrich with its head buried in the sand, I can still read the headlines, but delving into the stories and reading more and more about negative and horrible things is just doing me no good, so I will focus more on the positive and good things of the world instead.

0 comments: