Saturday, January 17, 2009

My New Gold Silverware - Gift from my son



The story behind this: Well, when I was a kid, my mom had green stamps she would save. I helped her many times paste those green stamps in the books and she would get nice things for our home. One day I saw some gold silverware in the catalog and said how nice it would be to own that and set my table for my future family with that. Well, she ordered some for me and I had a little collection going of it. We moved and our luggage was lost along with my pretty gold silverware. That was very sad for me.

Well, last week on our community online list, I found a nice lady selling things. She posted the photos of items and I found this pretty gold silverware there. I don't have a car to travel to her town, so she kindly came by and dropped it off for me. And to top it off, my son saw how excited I was about getting the gold silverware that he paid for it for me! Whenever I just need to cheer myself up, I keep opening the drawer and look at the shining gold silverware we are using for everyday use. It is nice to dine with this pretty gold silverware.

I know it is not really made of gold, but it sure looks pretty. I found this brand of it on the internet and all it needs is to be washed and dried to a nice shine. It was called "Derigold" originally, but they had to change the name to "Dirilyte", because it looks so much like gold that people thought it was real gold. Anyway, I am very happy with my gift from my son. It is fun to dine in elegance. :-)

2 comments:

Kathy Douglas said...

There is quite a story on the Derigold...Ihave a set that I'm passing to my stepson this month. It has all the salt and pepper shakers and the pickle forks, etc. Nut dish, too. My late Husband's grandfather saw it in a place setting on board the USS Missouri and later bought a set for his wife at Marshall Fields!

Kathy Douglas said...

Derigold; priceless heritage