Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Swedish Ivy Gift




The first photo is the little gift I made. I got the container from a little church baazar. Then I took some clippings of my huge swedish ivy and planted them in a little plastic pot. Then put it in that red and green container. Tied on a red and green bow and now I have a present made. Thanks to "Inspire Me Thursdays" websites prompt to do a handmade gift this week. Well, I didn't make the container, but I did search it out at a sale. I guess the handmade part of this was the replanting from my big plant that you see in the second photo by the stuffed old time Avon bear. Looks like I actually could make lots of gifts from this huge plant of mine. Any of you with huge plants and need a gift idea, maybe you could copy this idea here. Take care all.

6 comments:

Cynthia DiBlasi - Fine Art said...

What a nice gift! And I say this being the soon to be owner of a plant clipping myself.
A good friend of mine has this HUGE plant that she's had since she was a teenager. She has a teenager of her own now herself! Anyway, she named the plant "Chester" when she was young, and is now establishing a mini Chester in a pot for me. I can't wait to get him!

Rowena said...

I did this a couple of times. But when I had kids, a lot of my plants died.

I kind of miss my huge swedish Ivy.

I'll probably start up the tradition again in some way, because my daughter's name is Ivy.

soulbrush said...

what a great gift, personal and handmade, couldn't be better.

Charlie said...

It's a wonderful gift. Great idea.

anjoe said...

As usual You're very creative ;-)

Anonymous said...

Really awesome )))